
I need a nice slow burn because I need this flame to last a long time.
This fight, this struggle is more than just a struggle about weight. It is one of my biggest trials in life. If you don't have a weight problem, you won't understand how that can be. But I know that Satan uses my insecurities about my weight against me. Satan knows that if I am eating terribly and gaining weight that I will not be happy. I will be grouchier, have terrible self talk to myself, judge others more harshly, let other good habits go down the tube, feel that losing this much weight is an unattainable goal, that it's hopeless, I am worthless and not worthy of trying. He knows I don't want to get pregnant until I have lost some of this weight, and the last thing Satan wants is for another little spirit to be born into the Covenant.
Hopelessness is from Satan. Hope if from our Heavenly Father.
That is why I have to remember that even though I don't weight what I want to weigh, I do have all the other things I do want. I have a wonderful husband that I am sealed to. I have two wonderful boys. I come from a wonderful family and have wonderful in-laws. I have the gospel in my life. Nick has reminded me that I have everything to smile about, and he is right, I have every reason to feel hope. I must not let one trial in my life block out all the other good there is.
I can be happy WHILE losing weight, not just when I am DONE losing weight. I need to focus on being happy and remembering all the blessing I do have. Yes, I have a trial. But I have been blessed with so much!
My Current Plan:
I have also gotten the elliptical machine out again. I exercised 3 times last week. My goal is to exercise 4 days this week. I did it today and it felt good.
I have not weighed for a week or so. I don't know when I will. It seems to distract me and right now I just want to focus on getting into better habits again.
(Will someone remind me of this post when I've had a bad day!)

4 comments:
and remind me to come back and read it again when i have a bad day, too? that was inspirational, not just for weight loss struggles, but for anything you're having a hard time with in life. i needed that, and i'm going to have dave read it too. thanks.
one big huge AMEN from me!!! i agree whole-heartedly from the first word to the last. love you karly!!!
Well said. I like the smoldering fire analogy. and "I can be happy during the journey, not just at the end." Such good advise for all of us! Love, Mom
Are you still smoldering? :-)
Post a Comment