I found something this week that I didn't even know was lost!
At my heaviest weight there were plenty of areas I was very self conscience of. Nobody saw my legs. My stomach had to be covered with a long shirt. Though, seriously, I was hiding nothing! Then a few days I ago I was in the bathroom getting ready for the day, when I saw a strange, hard bulge on my neck! Nick was in the bathroom too and I said, "What's that?" In the instant after I said that I screamed,
"It's my COLLAR BONE! I can see my Collar Bone! Look Nick! Look at my collar bone!!!"
I had never realized I couldn't see it, but the second I did see it, I knew I have not seen it for a very long time! That is an NSV --- Non Scale Victory! So I looked at an old picture and a new picture taken a couple weeks ago to see if I could tell in a picture. Sure enough:

Besides the collar bone excitement, I did weigh in.
-3.6 lbs
Total lost: -67.4
I got my 65 lb star!
I was thrilled to lose again! It feels so good to reach another mini milestone and get my 65 lb star, and I am not too far from 7olbs! That just blows my mind! I AM DOING IT! The consistent planning, making smart choices, and exercise are paying off! It is especially rewarding during the Holiday Season. This is usually when I would easily gain another 10 lbs...easily!
Which brings me to what I have been thinking about this week (besides my collar bone -- he he!) One of the reasons I wanted to stay home for Christmas this year (besides work schedules) was so I could be more in control of my 'eating environment'. I just don't want to get de-railed and be where I have no control of what kinds of food I am given or that are made. Losing weight is hard by itself, harder during the Holidays, and dangerously hard when totally out of your own element! So I am thankful to be able to control it more this season, though we will miss being with family! That being said, I also don't want to punish my family in the name of my weight loss! So I made a plan of how I could handle these things.
Ever since I started, not just during the Holiday, my weight in day of Thursday is the day I have a treat and am a little more relaxed. I know it's important to keep that "I'm so deprived" monster away. If I never have anything that I crave or sweets, I know from experience I will crack one day and go off the deep end on a binge. That's why Thursday is the day I bake cookies for the family, or rice crispy treats, etc. so they can have a treat for the week. I eat some too and don't feel bad about it. Thursday is also pancake night. My boys LOVE them and were always wanting them, but they are really tempting to me and hard not to eat. So we have them on Thursdays and I have some without guilt. I keep track of my points still, but will use some of the extra we are allowed to use during the week.
I am using this same philosophy to get me through the Holidays. We made sugar cookies on a Thursday when I could taste the frosting and have a cookie or two. We also have Christmas candy in some of our holiday decorations. I don't have any during the week, but on Thursday I had a few pieces. Today my friend gave me huge platter of delicious baked goods! They are staying wrapped until Nick gets to them. I will have him save me a piece of fudge I will eat Thursday. Nick does love fudge, so thankfully my Mom is sending him some so I didn't have to make it. Thanks Mom!
This week will be fine. I am a little worried about the next week that starts on Christmas Eve. I am making our traditional Christmas Eve dinner of Lumpia, and then we also have a big Christmas day ham dinner. So I will have to really plan out my food and decide what I am going to eat before the meals. I can have some of everything. And the meal itself is usually not the problem...it's all the leftovers that call to me the rest of the week! But I did not fall prisoner to the Thanksgiving leftovers, so that gives me confidence in making it through Christmas leftovers, too!
What I have to prove to myself this season is that I can enjoy all of my favorites, I can enjoy all of the parties and festivities, and still be in control! If I do have a treat, I am fine with it as long as I decide to eat it...and I track the point value! The mental state of the decision is everything. Impulse --- bad. Conscience Choice --- good.
“Victory belongs to the most persevering.”
~Napoleon Bonaparte
Perseverance is what we talked about in our WW meeting last week. It is exactly what I have to have to continue on my journey through this Holiday! I love this quote. I will persevere and I will have my victory!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Merry Christmas!
8 comments:
You really look amazing, keep up the good work.
Dawson
WOW Karly. Mark and I were just reading your post and were talking about how proud we are of you. I can't believe how much self control you have. You are AMAZING. Time for another full body shot! Go Karly!
This is Nick writing this....Karly really is amazing. She has a "fire" to her this time that is quite something to behold. And no need to worry about me and the boys--she takes wonderful care of us! We are all so proud of her...we love you Karly!!
wow. YOU. LOOK. BEAUTIFUL. so proud. there's that jaw and those shoulders i've always been jealous of!
by the way, i just realized when i said it to dave, that this is more what i see you looking like in my head. i hope you don't take offense to that, but i don't think you will. that picture looks like you did in high school to me. seriously, THIS is the karly i know and think of. glad you're back, cause that is one happy smile! love you!
Cinda-I do not take ANY offense to that because that is how I feel! I don't picture myself as that before picture, though I knew I was heavy, I would forget sometimes and then see a mirror and be horrified all over again. I am now working to get my outside to match what's inside me as a person and the picture in my head!
Seriously Karly. You look amazing! I have never seen you this skinny.
This has become my ALL TIME favorite blog! You are so inspiring! Keep it up! I am cheering for you!
Post a Comment