Sunday, April 18, 2010

One Person per Pant Leg

It's so nice outside today I don't want to be sitting at the computer! But while Slade is sleeping I wanted to check-in....we'll go for a walk when he wakes up!

It was another week, which means another weigh in. It was my 32nd weigh in to be exact!

Lost: -1.2 lbs
Total Lost: -106 lbs
*Got my next 5 lb star!*

It wasn't a huge loss, but it got me my next 5 lb star, which gets me closer to my ultimate goal! It seems like I was just working to hit 100 lbs --- now I'm working toward 110! It amazes me sometimes how just plodding along, day after day, really adds up!

I am also realizing that the things I do every day are not something I have to work so hard to implement anymore. These are habits now. It seems normal. I remember another WW member telling me years ago that it was habit for her, and I could not imagine feeling like that. Amazingly, that's how I feel now. It seems foreign to me that you wouldn't keep track of everything you eat. I can't imagine not getting all my water every day. I am grateful for this....if it never felt natural it would be hard to do it for a lifetime!

When I see a picture like the one below --- It reminds me why I continue to work hard and make sure these are lifetime changes!

Yes, Lukas is standing in one pant leg and I am in the other.

Yikes! And those pants were really tight and uncomfortable!

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

~Jim Ryun

This is the perfect quote! I just found it and can't believe how it says JUST what I was talking about! I will say this for habits though....I always hear you can make/break a habit in 21 days. For me, it has taken approximately 224 days to feel like the new actions are new habits! I must be a slow learner!

Wish Nick and I good luck ---- we run our 5K this Saturday. Hopefully, I'll have pictures next week to document the momentous occasion of US running a race!

3 comments:

cindave said...

that picture ROCKS!! dave started laughing in amazement. that's incredible. i am so excited for you guys to do your 5K! happy birthday to caleb! we'll be driving, so i expect a phone call when you're done! i think you're amazing. and mark my words, i WILL run one before the summer is done. if not before, i want to do the WW one. i'm so proud of you. who would have thought when you moved to montana one year ago, you'd be here now. WELL DONE.

New Mexico Camping said...

What a fun picture!!! Have a great run next weekend!

Anonymous said...

Nice graphic Karly. Only problem, tooth boy is trying t steel your spotlight. Good luck on the run. Dad