+

=
My first workout since before the Holidays!
Even though I have been doing good with my eating choices, I had not yet gotten back to exercise. As I have watched the Biggest Loser the last two weeks I thought to myself, "If they can work out for something ridiculous like 8 hours a day, I can get one short workout in a day!"
So this morning when I went downstairs to get on my elliptical, I told myself, "You can do more!" I threw my 20 minute workout out the window and did 30 minutes! (It jump-started my water drinking for the day too!) Now, I know, I know...you are thinking, "Wow! Way to stretch yourself!" There are people reading this that do WAY more than that: like my sister-in-laws Lindsey and Jenn who both ran half marathons this weekend, and my sister-in-law Gina who does an hour of aerobics 6 days a week, and my sister Cinda who is 6 1/2 months pregnant and does half an hour 5 days a week on the elliptical! You are all AMAZING! You all inspire me!
But, I have to take what I have been doing and go from there. I will not be running a half marathon anytime soon! But, I do want to work up to 45 minute workouts 5 days a week. At some point I want to get back into strength training too.
My goal this week is to work out 4 times (today, Thursday, Friday and Saturday) for 30 minutes. Next week I will go longer. I know that even this much exercise is wonderful for my heart and is burning calories. It will help me reach my goals!
Quote of the day:
“Exercise: you don't have time not to”
-Author Unknown
This is my new mindset! I have to make time for me, and exercising is for me! I know it will start my day off right and will reinforce my desire to make good food choices throughout the day. I will continue to burn calories after I have stopped working out. Endorphins will be released that will help me feel good about myself. Why wouldn't I want to exercise?

4 comments:
30 minutes is really a lot, especially when you haven't worked up to it. That takes determination. There have been plenty of times when I have stopped at 15 or 20 minutes because 30 seems too hard. Good job Karly!
that's awesome. the point is not how long or how hard you go, it's how long or hard compared to last week. you're pushing yourself and creating a great habit. keep up the good work! and thanks for saying such nice things about me in your post! i appreciate it.
Hey Kar! I'm proud of you- you told yourself that you were gonna step it up, and you're following through with it and I think that's awesome. You're really doing such a good job and YOU are and inspiration to ME- and a lot of other people I'm sure! I love ya.
Karly, I am so proud of you!
Post a Comment