I know I deserve a good tongue lashing, but don't worry, I've got it covered. I was working on a letter to myself this week as a post that never got posted. I will give you a little snippet so can see how I felt this week...
- I have started Phase 1 today
- I will exercise 3 days this week
- I will drink two 32 oz mugs of water a day
- I will chew gum at least 3 times a day
- I will blog what I have eaten every day
Breakdown:
1. Of course I need Phase 1 to clean my body out again and give me the jump start. I have been stagnant for too long now. I want to get past the 30 lbs lost point and be excited about where I am again!
2. I am delivering papers full time (again) for a few weeks (I know, when will I ever really stop!) That does make it harder to exercise since I get up later and have to get Lukas to preschool and things. So I decided for the next two weeks I will exercise on Tues, Friday, and Saturday since those days I don't have to be anywhere at a specific time.
3. I know how important water is. And if I am drinking water I am also drinking less pop.
4. Why chew gum? If I am chewing gum I am not eating something else. I want to get in the habit of grabbing gum when I am really not hungry, I just want to chew on something.
5. Post what I eat every day? This is one that will bore you to tears, I am sure! Nobody wants to read what I ate that day. I know that. But I NEED to post it so I am really conscience about what foods I am eating and if I am balancing out all the things I need. This is what they tell you in weight loss 101..."write what you eat." NOT writing what I eat has been one thing I love about the South Beach Diet, but right now I need that extra step to help me reach the strong point I was at before.
That is the plan.
At this point I deserve all the "Ya rights" you are thinking right now. I know I deserve them. I have to prove to you and to myself again, that I can do this.
Quote of the Day:
In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins, not through strength but by perseverance.
H. Jackson Brown
This was a quote I used in a November post. It has become one of my very favorite quotes. It is the story of the Turtle and the Hare all over again. It tells my story. I know that I am not strong all the time,I have proved that the last two weeks. But I am trying to persevere and through that process get stronger, so that I can win.
I can not give up. I just have too much to gain by reaching this goal.
3 comments:
I think you're being too hard on yourself. No one here wants anything more for you than for you to do your best. We all have days, weeks and even months like this. We support you through the good, the bad, and the down right hard times!
Do this because you love yourself. Eat right because you DESERVE it!!
amen to denette's comments. nobody reading this blog is as disappointed as you are in yourself. we all know we all have hard times when it's downright impossible to be strong. you're still working at it, and looking for solutions. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! do NOT let yourself give up now or ever. looking forward to the food logs. yeah!
Kar, I love ya. Don't be so hard on yourself. You've set a really hard goal for yourself and sometimes it takes a lot of time... and mistakes... until we reach those types of goals. You are a good person! You are an awesome mom,a great wife for Nick, and such a good friend to me. I know you're the type of person who can do anything she sets her mind to, and you can do this too! I love ya.
Post a Comment