Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Old Me is On the Curb!

What a week!

First of all I did weigh in:
-5 lbs
Total lost -59.8 lbs

I am THRILLED with that!!! It was a great loss, but I also can't believe how close I am to having lost 60 lbs! It feels so great to keep reaching these small goals, because as I reach each one I am getting closer to my ultimate goal!

It was also a week that I proved to myself that I WILL NOT gain this weight back! And if I am never going to gain this weight back, then I DO NOT need the clothes that are too big for me!

Like these ---


But let's be honest...it's still a little scary to get rid of hundreds of dollars worth of clothes! A safety net. Just in case...right? NO!!! I will not allow myself to even consider having these clothes 'just in case'. Keeping these clothes is admitting to myself that I could gain this weight back! I will NOT allow that to happen. I will not lose this weight again! Will it always be easy...no. Will I have to work my whole life to keep it off...yes. But it will be easier to maintain than lose. And I am making a lifestyle change, not suffering on a diet!

So even though it was harder than I thought it would be...I went through the closet and made a pile...a pretty large pile...


Some of it was pretty new. I bought this shirt for work this summer. It's a 3x! It just hangs now and just a few months ago I was having trouble keeping the buttons closed! Goodbye!


The fun part was opening a bunch of boxes and going through clothes that Nick has let me cart around, move after move for the last years. I found brand new sweat shirts that I was never able to wear, and some of my favorite sweaters, pants, pajamas, and even a bathrobe! How FANTASTIC and FUN it was to have so many things fit! I also made a box of things that are close that I can try on as I lose more! Shopping at HOME! In fact, Nick has been telling me I need some warm-up type pants that I can wear in public. I only have the lounge type with things like snowmen on them that I only wear at home (well, usually just at home!) I found an old pair that I used to love and they FIT!

Old clothes are new again!


Today at church I wore a fantastic skirt and blouse I got over 4 years ago. My friend said, "You look great! Did you go shopping for new clothes!" It's so fun to have things to wear again, especially when it's not costing me any money...yet!!!

So we boxed up all those clothes that I will NEVER NEED again. We were on our way out and Nick said, "Let's just take it later." I said, "No. I want those out of the house! I am DONE with them!"

Goodbye old clothes that represent the old me!


It felt good to Kick 'Em to the curb and leave the old me behind...for GOOD!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow...you look fantastic, we are so impressed and happy for you! Keep up the good work.

Dawson Jenn and Evi

cindave said...

AWE-SOME!!! that is SO awesome!!! those pants are so big on you! and that sweatshirt and pants are comfy and totally grocery shopping worthy. good bye snowmen! that's a big pile, karly! that's a lot of stuff that you are simply too tiny for now! i bet it is fun to go through your stuff and wear things you like, but haven't been able to wear in years. KEEP IT UP! i'm headed to nazi camp at 6:30 again tomorrow morning, even though i STILL can't move very well. i'm working on getting to where you are!

cindave said...

oh, and by the way, i'm loving the white lights and ribbon on your tree this year!

Leavitt's said...

Yay Karly!! You are awesome!!

Lindsey Stubler said...

Karly, you really look so different in those pictures. I had to keep looking at the first one because I thought it was an old picture of you like in college or something. I couldn't figure why it was on your blog, and I'm not even lying. Awesome! You are doing so good at keeping a promise to yourself! Love ya.

Jen said...

Oh Karly, that is really fantastic, you look 'mahvelous'. keep up the good fight. Love ya!

Cody and Haylee said...

AMAZING!!! (I have a feeling I'm going to be saying this A LOT on your blog) I am so proud that you got rid of those old clothes - a new life for a new you. Not only do you look great, but you honestly radiate now. I'm so happy that you're SO HAPPY!!! Love you cute girl!

Forrest and Jennie said...

Karly- I cannot tell you how just plain awesome I think you are. Wow! I am so, so impressed. WAY TO GO!! Miss you lots.