Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday---always the hardest day

Is it just me, or is Sunday a really hard day to eat good on? Weekends are generally harder, but Sunday...I am home almost ALL day! And by the time I get home from church I feel like I could/would/should eat anything and everything I can find! Why is that? I go three hours without eating on other days. But, I guess on Sunday I eat when I get up, then maybe have a diet pop before church (we go at 1pm) and then by the time we are home from church I actually have not eaten for like 7 or 8 hours! And then by the evening I want to bake something. Sunday nights just make me want to bake something sweet. I know there have been many times I have looked through my cookbook trying to find something I have the ingredients for.

So, today in church as the last half hour was counting down, and I was sooo hungry, I thought about how I would feel as soon as I got home and what I needed to do to keep control. As soon as we walked in the house I opened a Diet Coke and warmed up a Cream Cheese Cup. Ahhhhh. Then I had a stalk of celery with peanut butter. Ahhhhh. Now, I could be in control and get everyone else fed before I got the rest of my lunch.

I DID IT! I got through a Sunday without any slip-ups, a Sunday that is day #4 and that would be hard anyway! I feel so good that I stuck to my plan. Tonight before bed I will have a fudgesicle I think, that sounds really good. And most likely, another Diet Coke!

There was also one other observation I made today while I was at church. Usually, when I sit in church I look at all the other ladies and how cute their clothes are and how skinny they are and beat myself up! I would talk really mean to myself, which made me want to come home and eat really bad! Today, I was so much kinder to myself. I have been on program for only 4 days...but that is enough for me to say to myself, "You are working on it, your are making progress, you don't have to feel bad." It just takes a little work and progress on my goal to feel so much better about myself and be able to pull myself up, rather than keep knocking myself down.

Quote of the day:

God has given us many gifts, much diversity, and many differences, but the essential thing is what we know about each other--that we are all his children. Our challenge as members of the Church is for all of us to learn from each other, that we may all love each other and grow together."

--Cheiko M. Okazaki; Ensign, May 1996, Page 13

This is just a nice quote. That is one thing I love about blogs, we get to learn from each other and share ideas, and just keep in touch to keep our ties to each other strong!

*Be sure to check the blog tomorrow...it's my first weigh in post!

4 comments:

Lindsey Stubler said...

I agree that Sundays are killer. I can consume a whole weeks worth of calories in one Sunday! Hey, maybe this week you wanna go to Ruby Tuesday and get a salad with me, mom, and Gina? Their salad bar is so fresh. We could have Gina's girls babysit. Think about it and let me know!

wjlarsens2 said...

Sundays (especially nights) kill me too! I'd totally donate my girls to the babysitting cause if you wanna come up this week with me, Linz and mom. Maybe for Lindsey's birthday? Keep up the good progress. LOVE YA!!

cindave said...

good job! obviously, you are no the only one to struggle with sundays! add another to the list. it has been a LONG WHILE since i stuck to the plan on sunday. way to go! can't wait to hear about the weigh in!

Sylvia said...

That is sooooo me: I sit there in church and just daydream about all the good food waiting for me at home...I mean, think about gospel principles. Right. And then I come home and before I even change my clothes or feed my CHILDREN, I throw open the cupboard and eat 3 handfuls of chocolate chips and half a bag of Doritos. So WAY TO GO on staying healthy!

Also, hats off to you for analyzing what's really going on inside of you and pinpointing the emotional triggers, rather than just doing some dumb diet. It's harder to do it that way but it's the way to results.