The last week has been a busy 'eating week' too. Friday was the annual Sisters Sleepover with my sisters-in-laws and cousins-in-laws (it is sooo much fun). We met at Johnny Carino's (spelling?)...at first I thought, "Great! The worst place for me is a really yummy pasta restaurant with delicious bread sitting on the table...how will I make it through this?" But I looked at the menu online to decide what to order BEFORE I got there...otherwise the baked cheese tortellini would get me! They do have steaks and chicken breast meals, but those just did not sound good! I wanted to have a really good meal that was different, but not derail myself. I decided on the Chicken Parmigiana. I started with a salad, and the chicken is in bread crumbs, but then it's just a piece of cheese and marinara sauce. I had three bites of the pasta that was on the side, and about 1/2 inch off the very end of the bread to soak up the sauce. It was more than delicious! And I was really full and did not feel sad leaving an entire plate of pasta there! (I took it home for Nick)
On Saturday we went to Nick's sisters Gina's house for the BYU/UTAH game. Gina made some cheesy sauce for chips, but I knew if I ate that I would have lots of chips. Nick and I had also not eaten lunch yet and it was dinner time, so we went to Subway. I had a Black Forrest Ham Sub on Honey Oat bread (it has the highest fiber). I also brought some pistachio nuts to munch on. Then I enjoyed one taffy. I also did not sit by the food. I hardly noticed all the other treats sitting there and had a fun time!
On Sunday, we went to Cinda's for dinner, but she made it easy on me. She made some delicious Taco Soup (that I am going to have to make). I did have a serving of tortilla chips with some salsa and re fried beans, then a bite of brownie with my sugar-free ice cream. But I felt good about the meal.
After all of that I weighed yesterday:
Results:
Loss this week: 1.2 lbs
Total Loss: 19 lbs
I am feeling good about that loss. I got through several more "Life Tests" and came out on top! I am also happy to have lost consistently for the last month!
That brings me to my next goal to work toward. Nick will be gone for 7 weeks...that takes us through Thanksgiving, Christmas (he will be home for 4 days over Christmas), New Years and Lukas's birthday. I do plan to enjoy the Holidays and eat some good food, but I also plan to still lose each week!
I have been losing an average of 2.25 pounds per week (I am not counting the first week jump start loss of 10 lbs). I should be able to continue to lose an average of 2 lbs per week for the next 7 weeks.
Goal: Lose 14 more pounds by January 20th (the day Nick gets home).
That would make my total weight loss 33 pounds...and that's from Halloween through Lukas's birthday! That would be awesome!
To do that I have to start the next part of my weight-loss plan strategy. I am still reading the new South Beach Diet Supercharged which has some exercise ideas, but I have my elliptical machine that I was doing about 5 days a week before we went to Disneyland. I am going to start exercising again. Now, I want to be realistic. I am NOT going to do it for an hour 6 days a week. Not now.
Exercise Goal for this week: 3 times for 20 minutes each
I say 20 minutes because Dr. Agatson (SB Diet Author) who is also a cardiologist says that there is huge benefit from just 20 minutes of INTENSE exercise. That means I can carry on a broken conversation, but I cannot sing while doing it. I check to be sure my heart rate is in my target (which I need to check again, but it is usually about 140-150 beats per minute when I go for 20 minutes).
I do not have a reward picked out yet...maybe I'll see what I still want after Christmas. I'll just know I get to go shopping for something fun!
5 comments:
Congratulations on the continued loss!!! YEAH! You must feel so good about yourself!
GREAT FALLS- What state? When will you be moving? I need more details!!!
I'm so proud of you Karly! You made it through a rough few days (and I didn't help---sorry!) You are amazing and I love you!
yay for you! that's a lot going on, and i'm proud of you for sticking to it! if you can lose 30+ pounds between halloween and lukas's birthday, you will be my HERO! that is by far the hardest stretch of the whole year in my opinion! not an easy goal, but you can do it! keep it up!
I've been wondering what was goin' on with you. (It's called I-stalk-you.) You look so cute in your new weigh-in picture, and awesome hair!!!
How did you not complain once in that whole post that Nick will be gone for the Christmas season? You are so positive!!! You still sound so motivated and upbeat, you must be feeling great. You're very inspiring!
Wow! Karly you are looking good.
Post a Comment