Thursday, November 13, 2008

A good week!

I have almost completed my 'very minnie' goal of making it through a few days of birthday festivities. The festivities are over, but not my challenge. There is still cake in the house! I have to not have any more...that means I enjoyed some and then kept on going down the right path!


*INSERT: Here is the recipe I used for the frosting on the cake I show you below. I had to post this here because this stupid thing won't let me write it out like this below...it double spaces everything at the bottom! AHHHH. Why? (If you know, please tell me!)
________________________________________________________

Cool Whip Frosting
1 small package of sugar free/fat free vanilla pudding
1 8oz container of lite cool whip
1 cup skim milk
Touch of vanilla


Mix the box of pudding with the milk and vanilla. Mix with electric mixer until smooth. Fold in cool whip until smooth. Frost!

_________________________________________________________


We did have fun taking Lukas to the movies on Tuesday. We saw Madagascar 2. I took some peanuts with me to much on and was not even tempted by Lukas's huge bag of popcorn (which he ate ALL of) or Nick's Whoppers. I enjoyed peanuts and a $4 Diet Coke! (It better be good!)

Made it through the movies: SUCCESS!

Then I was going to take Nick to Moochies! It's a small restaurant we saw on the Food Network that makes authentic Philly Cheesesteaks (the owner is from Philly). Nick has been drooling ever them since seeing the show. But when we looked up directions we saw that they close at 3:30pm! They must not want to make money! What kind of hours are those! So Moochies will be for lunch sometime. Instead, Nick got to pick whatever else he wanted, and he picked well! THE PIE! Have you had the Pie? If not, you must! It is the most piled high, yummy pizza ever! We drove to Ogden to get it! I had two pieces...worth of toppings, because I did not eat the crust! I also made myself a large salad. I enjoyed the toppings alone so much. There was about four different meats, all the pizza vegetables, cheese and yummy sauce.

Was it low fat meat. No.

Was it low fat cheese. No.

Did I make the best choice in the situation without totally depriving myself and still enjoying it. Yes.

Am I happy with how I did. Yes.

Dinner from a restaurant: SUCCESS!





That is not salad dressing on the salad. It's cottage cheese! I added some dressing later, but with cottage cheese did not need very much.

Yesterday was Nick's birthday. I cooked him a cake in the afternoon. I did have a few licks, just a few, before cooking it. I did not however, have any of the pieces of the cake that I cut off the top.



I made the frosting with a cool whip recipe and it was really yummy! (See recipe above). It worked to pipe a border and write on top. But you can't even see the writing with ALL 33 candles on there! I did have some frosting while I worked, but it was all Phase 2 approved.

Had birthday party: SUCCESS!

I am feeling good about my LIFE TEST. I will grant full success to myself after the cake is gone and I have DECIDED to not have any more. I could. But I have had some and I won't have anymore this time.

Quote of the day:

Be like a postage stamp, stick to one thing until you get there.

-- Sign at a Church

4 comments:

cindave said...

those are some VERY tricky situations that you navigated with flawless planning and improvisation! nice work. i'm very very impressed. VERY. i can't even make it through regular family sunday dinner. yay for you! that that frosting sounds good, and i'm surprised that it works to pipe and do writing! i'll have to try it. how did you make the cake? anything special, or just a regular mix?

Unknown said...

Karly, I am not sure if I am permitted to comment considering I am not "one of the girls" but I think what you are doing is amazing. I love the goal that you have set and I am sure your successes will help and inspire many. I admire anyone that has and sticks to a goal it takes a lot of persistence.

-Mark

wjlarsens2 said...

Way to plan ahead--not always a lot of fun during "life tests" but sure a lot more fun waking up the next day without regrets. PROPS TO YOU!!!

Karly and Nick said...

I've got to put my two cents in this blog as well (heck, it was the toppings off my birthday pizza that got photographed!) I can't tell all of you how proud of Karly I am. I know (and you can all tell) how hard she is working on this. Let me just say that I'm behind her 110%. I am so proud of her and the example she is not only to me, but to my boys. WE LOVE YOU, MOM! KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK! --Nick