Monday, December 8, 2008

Weigh-In


This has been a good week, but I will admit yesterday was hard. I had that day that comes every 'month' or so where you are so SNACKY! I wanted to munch all day and I wanted something SWEET! I made it through with the help of some pudding, sugar-free chocolate chips and sugar free hot chocolate with splenda!

Why am I always so nervous to weigh? There always seems to be something...and because of my snack-e-ness I was worried I would not lose very much!

Results:
Weight loss this week: 3 lbs
Total weight loss: 24 lbs

Yes...I am happy! My good week was not ruined by some controlled, approved, snacking! And it's weird that I lost whole numbers two weeks in a row. But I got the same number 3 times!

I even got some take out on Saturday. I was STARVING after shopping all day with Cinda and Slade, (thank you for watching Lukas, Jen and Brad!) So, on the way home I got some Rumbi! YUM! I absolutely LOVE the half rice bowl with spicy luau pork and brown rice! It was so delicious! I don't normally like zucchini, but in the rice bowl it is wonderful.

I am also happy to still be on track for my 14 pounds in 7 weeks! Having lost 3 this week may help me during the Christmas week. I am not sure I can lose 2 lbs that week...I AM having some Lumpia!(Lumpia is a Filipino egg roll my family has every Christmas Eve...and I won't miss it!)

Today I am still really snacky, so I am having my approved and controlled snack of choice...and I chose the same snack I had last time...2 Cutlers mint cookies! I just ate one on a plate with one of Slade's little forks! I actually told myself I should get 3 because they are so yummy and I lost good this week. But then I thought, I don't want to 'pig out', I just want a snack. I would not be happy with myself if I got 3. So I got 2 like I planned! WOW...that would not have happened before!

I did meet my exercise goal last week. I did my elliptical 3 times. I have a great walking DVD that I used to do and Lukas saw it the other day. He said, "Let's do this again Mom!" He used to do it with me before I had the elliptical. I think we will walk together one day this week.

Quote of the day:

"The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.”

Lao Tzu

This is the mindset I need to keep. This week I let myself think, "I have only lost just over 20 pounds. I have so far to go. I have barely started." Yes, I do have a long way to go. But, I can't lose the last 20 without first losing the first 20. And I can't focus on the end goal. I CAN focus on the mini-goal I am working on. I need to remember that I promised myself I would enjoy this 'journey' because that it what it is. I still have a wonderful, happy, life as I go on this journey, and I am supposed to enjoy it all along the way! That quote has helped me remember that!

6 comments:

cindave said...

amen sista! nice work this week!! i haven't weighed in several days and i have fear in my heart. i don't have the good choices to back me up. it's legitimate fear. anyway, i liked your quote, and i'm glad you're choosing to remain positive and focus on the short term. it's the only way to go in order to make it. i'm so proud of you!!

Ryan and Summer said...

I didn't know you eat lumpia!! Wow, my grandma makes that all the time, and me and my mom do too..
My Grandma is from the Phillipines, so I grew up watching her make it. How did that tradition start? Small world!! Love ya!!
Summer

Lindsey Stubler said...

Oh Karly! That is so dang good! SO DANG GOOD! You have such good self control- I love you so much!

Karly and Nick said...

Once again, another amazing week! I'm so proud of you, sweets! You are doing so great!!!

Sylvia said...

Karly, I'm a crazy blog stalker and I'm eagerly awaiting an update!!!

(please don't think i'm creepy, i just like your blog is all!)

Utah King Family said...

I am so proud of you. I wish I was as strong as you. Thanks for your advice and friendship.