Where oh where has Karly been?
Have I been working so hard on my goals that I did not have time to post...no.
Have I been working so hard on my goals that I did not have time to post...no.
Have I been busy selling my house...no.
I have not been doing anything productive or noble, I have been...

...POUTING!
Yep. I am embarrassed to admit it, but I have been having a good old fashioned pity party for myself. I weighed last Monday and did not lose any weight. It really upset me because I had made some changes that I thought would help me. I worked out for four days and I really pushed myself. I burned more than double the calories I used to in a workout. I also cut back on the diet pop and drank 64 oz of water a day. And then, NOTHING. No loss.
Now, the rational adult in me knows that this happens sometimes when you are trying to lost weight. That does not mean your hard work will not be rewarded, it just may not show up on the scale that week. And yes, that can be frustrating but you just have to keep working hard and you will be rewarded.
But, the impatient, greedy child in me got mad and stomped her feet (I didn't really, but I felt like it) and yelled "It's not fair!" So I did not make good choices that day, which turned into another day, and another.
While I was pouting, I also got really stressed and...

...cracked under pressure!
Nick and I started to get really worried about not being able to sell the house yet, how to get him up to Great Falls, and how to finance him staying there in a hotel, and then the whole process of selling here and not having a house up there yet....all the the logistics of the move just got really confusing and overwhelming at once.
And when I get really stressed....I eat.
And since I was already mad that I did not lose, and then the 'eat' signal came from the stress, I did not make good choices. Now, I am not trying to make excuses. I could have changed the outcome of both of these situations. I CHOSE NOT TO...I CHOSE to make BAD choices. I am going through all of this so I can understand why I made the choices I did, and realize how I can change the outcome next time.
No excuses. I am responsible for the bad choices I made.
****************************************
Now what?
You know the drill. I know the drill.
PHASE 1.
I just have to pick up and keep going. I am not going to give up for good. Just because I gave up for a week does not mean I am just giving up. I lost a battle, but there is still a war to win. In fact, yesterday at church I was talking to my friend Kim, who has lost about 80 lbs on South Beach. I told her I had a bad week and she said, "Me too!" I told her I am starting Phase 1 again today and she said, "Me too!" So even someone who has lost a lot can and will still have those 'bad weeks' or 'bad days'. It doesn't mean you still can't reach your goal. It was great to talk to her and see that I am not the only one who hits rough patches. We are going to check on each other this week to be sure we are on track.
I have started well today. I have made good choices and will exercise tomorrow.
**********************************
Quote of the day:
Sam Levenson
This quote applies to me, but I would put in the word, "Don't watch the calendar..." That is where I went wrong last week, I was so set on losing by that weigh-in, that Monday. If I would have just kept going, I would have seen the results.
Just keep going....that is my new mantra!
3 comments:
oh karly--i just love you! you crack me up (not sure if you mean to or not...) but you are seriously amazing to me! you are so great and are so strong. i am definitely proud of you and love you to death!
yay! you're back! you know, when you told me you were pouting, i didn't really worry that you'd fall off the wagon for good. i knew you'd pick it up again. find me ONE person who doesn't ever have bad patches on a journey such as this! i'd give you a million dollars if you could. and you KNOW i'm not good for it - that's how confident i am that such a person does not exsist! so i say, way to go, and good to have you back in blog-dom. now let's get moving on your family blog updates! geez, it's not like you've got a lot going on right now. ;) and lukas can poke my belly anytime. it gets more and more tempting to touch every day!!
If I were in the same stressful situation as you, I'd be downing a bag of fun-size Snickers a day, no doubt. You are doing AWESOME because you're doing what you said you would: living your LIFE. Yeah, you had a bad couple days, who doesn't?? You're awesome for getting back up afterward; THAT's the true hard part. Way to go!!!! I wish I could be so dedicated to something....
Post a Comment