Saturday, October 25, 2008

Day #2...

was also a success! YEA!

Today was a little harder than yesterday, as I expected. And I expect tomorrow to be even harder. But I got through it without any slip-ups. On the South Beach Diet you are not supposed to be hungry. If you are hungry you are supposed to eat more of the right foods. Nobody is going to last long on a plan that you are always hungry on. I was hungry some of the day but that is because I have to get better at variety. I would try to think of what snack I wanted and then not be able to think of anything that really sounded good right then. So I just didn't have anything. I need to get better at not only finding more variety but also expanding my tastes.

Today was a busy day and I did not get on-line very much to explore the South Beach (SB) website. I want to look for recipes tomorrow...which reminds me...my cousin Denette emailed me a ton last summer and I need to go through those! That will be really fun and I can do it tomorrow while Nick is at the BYU game.


Quote of the Day:
Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.
-Author Unknown

This just makes sense. If I tell myself I cannot (which is what I have been doing for a while before October 23rd, 2008) I will not. I believe what I tell myself...self-talk has more impact on our minds and actions than we know. Simply talking kindly to myself and telling myself why I can do this will get me there faster than beating myself up.

3 comments:

cindave said...

amen. you CAN!

Sweet Herb Mate Co. said...

Hey Karly,

I just want to say that we have turned you into a blogging machine! I mean you figured out how to put in widgets and stuff, that is advanced! Looks great, keep it up.

Dawson, Jenn Evi

Lindsey Stubler said...

Good Job, Kar. You can do this for sure!