Last night after I posted the blog on our family site with the link, I went to bed with sort of mixed feelings. I felt sort of panicked and my heart was racing as I lay in bed, "Should I take it down? Nobody has seen it yet...", but at the same time a sort of realization that I am really going to do it this time.
One of the hardest parts of losing weight is simply getting some time behind you following your plan. For several days it is way too easy to say, "I will start tomorrow...", and we all know how that turns out; tomorrow never really comes! So when I was thinking about all of this last night while I lay in bed, I realized that there was no way I would not follow my plan on the first day I posted my blog! I was so excited because I KNEW tomorrow would be a good day!
All of you helped me through the first day!
The first day was a success! I was so pumped up from making the blog and planning everything that today was not too hard! I went and got groceries so I am all stocked up on the right kinds of foods. I got the veggies washed, jello made and had lunch.
LUNCH- This is one of the areas I have identified and being a problem time for me. Not so much for what I eat, but that I don't get around to eating. Lunch time is always so busy. I am getting Lukas to preschool, or trying to run errands around Slade's nap time, picking up Lukas, trying to check things off my to-do list, etc. I don't want to slow down to cook chicken, make a salad and actually sit down to eat a meal. Some may think this is great...I save calories. WRONG. By about 4pm I am famished and will eat whatever I can get my hands on, which is often where the "I'll start tomorrow" strategy comes into play! I have to eat often to stay in control of WHAT I eat. Like today, I had canned chicken on a salad since it was much faster. I am going to keep boiled eggs, turkey, canned chicken and chicken I cooked for another meal on hand for quick protein I can put on a salad. This will eliminate the long preparation which should help the lunch situation.
It is amazing how much the mom sets the tone for everything. When I am eating bad, the entire family is eating bad. It felt so good to see everyone eating chicken, potatoes (no potato for me though) and vegetables for dinner. Afterward we went for a walk to deliver a few things I had to drop off to people in the ward.
I also joined South Beach Diet Online today. I am going to do that instead of going to Weight Watchers like I used to. South Beach is better for me and how my body responds to food. There are lots of tools for tracking your food, making shopping lists, recipes, community boards, Q&A and more. I will really enjoy that.
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed, but that our ability to do it has increased."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
This is a wonderful, well-know quote that can be applied to every aspect of our lives. For my purpose, it gives me hope that this healthy lifestyle can and will become second nature because I continue to incorporate it into my daily life. Dr. Phil always says we have to "practice the behavior we desire" and I really do believe that is true. It takes 21 days to form a good habit...day one...done!
3 comments:
YAY!!! SUCCESS!!! good job, and keep it up! love you!
Day one always seems the hardest, but YOU DID IT! Yay for you. You're going to do awesome. Good luck for day #2! Love you Karly.
Wow, way to go!! I like how you're putting up tips on how you're keeping up with it because (as I'm sure you know) the rest of us are also constantly waging a war on eating unhealthy foods.....and then end up slamming down half a pack of Oreos in one sitting. So thanks for sharing good ideas! What kind of dressing do you put on your salads??
Post a Comment