I am still enjoying the added variety of foods. Right now I am eating 1-2 starches a day, 1 fruit and 2-3 milks. Of course I still eat lean meats, vegetables, and some nuts and other little 'treats' like that.
Favorite snack of the weekend: I did have some sugar free/fat free ice cream for a snack. It was heaven. It tastes great to me because I was already buying that kind of ice cream anyway; Nick and Lukas and Slade like it too.
My favorite meal of the weekend: Burritos! I used the carb friendly tortillas, fat free re-fried beans, salsa, fat free sour cream and low fat cheese! I love it! When I wanted a little more I had some filling without another tortilla! (I should have cut up some lettuce but forgot!)
Now, today is Monday, which means weigh in day. I was feeling nervous because I have been adding more foods. And starting this morning I am delivering my friends paper route until the 18th, while she is on vacation. That means, that I had a 44 oz Diet Mountain Dew in the middle of the night...how will that effect my weight?
Results:
Loss this week: 3.2 lbs
Total Loss: 16 lbs
I am VERY HAPPY with that! I can feel a difference too! Nobody will be able to tell I am losing for a while, but I can feel it, especially around the middle. I am feeling strong and motivated to continue!
As you can see at the top of my blog I have a new 'very short term goal'! Nick's birthday is Wednesday, and Tuesday we are going to the movies with Lukas and going to dinner (Slade gets to come to dinner too!) Wednesday we will eat at home but there will be cake and ice cream!
GOAL: Take a good snack for movie and have diet pop. Plan my dinner and make the best choice available. Make a cake and not eat lots of batter (one lick is okay!) and then be able to have one, reasonable size piece of cake...and be done! The hardest thing for me is to enjoy a little and then keep going without taking 2 weeks 'off'! I know I can get through this first LIFE TEST without sabotaging myself and falling off the wagon. It's okay to have treats sometimes, it's necessary to feel normal and not feel totally deprived all the time! This is what life is about and I have to be able to enjoy them and move on!
You know I will keep you posted...
4 comments:
Nice job on the weigh in. Now go back to our conversation yesterday about weighing every day. There are ups and downs that you do not control and daily weigh ins just serve to make us nervous and irrrtable. Take it a week at a time and spare yourself the misery. That misery is often unfounded and is just made up in our mind to disuad us from keeping on track. 3.6 after an all night chug a lug is great. Without that it might have been 5 pounds but on the route you need something to keep you going and awake. 16 pound i
s a great start. Keep it up and before long you will be talking about some very significant weight loss. I am sure you can feel the loss of 16 pounds. Great job.
Love Dad Love, Dad
Karly, That is great news, to still loose. I am glad you are eating healthier--what a pickup, to know you are doing a good thing for yourself. By the way, we have discovered great "apple pie". Dad says it is as good as pie (I say almost). Make chunky applesauce (boil and smash pieces of pealed apples, add cinnamon and sweetner if desired), and serve warm over that ice cream!
Yummmm Love, MOm
Oooh, that sounds good, Mom! i have some homemade applesauce and just might have to get some of that ice cream. and more importantly, AWESOME JOB KARLY!!! you are so committed, i love it! i also agree with dad about weighing every day. i have to keep my scale in the closet because if i don't, i weight myself constantly, and i swear i don't lose as much. keep up the good work. 16 pounds is an amazing start for what, 3 weeks? incredible. keep going! see you tomorrow.
Holy 16 pounds in 4 weeks. Seriously?? That is amazing!!!!
Post a Comment