I also made a pumpkin pie without a crust and used splenda. I wanted to use a sugar substitute my cousin Denette told me about, Whey Low, but I did not get it ordered online. I had a taste of the pumpkin after it cooked and I was afraid it would not taste very good. There was an aftertaste. But, I took my serving with me anyway with some Lite cool whip, and it was really good with the cool whip on it! It did not taste funny at all!
That night I had some pistachio nuts for a snack, and that was my day! We will see how good I did on Monday when I weigh!
I have almost completed my goal of exercising 3 times this week. I did it Wednesday and today, Friday. I will exercise tomorrow and have my three days! It has not been as hard as I expected either! My sister-in-law Gina does aerobics an hour every day...that is hard! It is always hard to get back into the habit, but the creaks and cracks of my body have not been too bad!
SOMETHING else weird is happening! This way I am eating is becoming more...NATURAL! It is not so much about what I can and cannot eat, it is just the way I am eating and it's not so foreign anymore! For the first time that I can ever recollect, I am not looking for ways and days to have a 'break'! Before, I would see Thanksgiving as my day to just 'eat what I want' and then I would spend the next week or two trying to 'get back on it'. Or if I was going out to dinner I would do good during the day, but then throw caution to the wind at the restaurant and have whatever I wanted.
NOW...I am looking for ways to make my way of eating fit any situation I am in. I am looking to enjoy things, and not totally deprive myself, but in a way that does not jeopardize all my work. I am not 'falling off the wagon'. It is all just part of the ride. Am I making any sense?
EXAMPLE: Last Monday I really wanted a treat. I had not had something I just really wanted for a month. And, Nick had just left, so if I am being totally honest with myself and all of you, I was 'eating emotionally' as well, just a little. I decided to get 2 cooking from Cutlers...the ones that taste like BYU mint brownies. YUM. I got them and enjoyed one in the car while waiting to get Lukas from preschool, and the other that night. I talked to myself and allowed myself to have it. It was a conscience choice. But, I was still worried about blogging about it because it looked and felt a little like 'straying' though I allowed myself to do it in my right mind, not as I stared at a cookie I could not resist like a poor deer in headlights!
But, I FORGOT to blog about it! Do understand how significant that is? I forgot because I enjoyed it, and kept going! I did not go off track the next day. I did not dwell on the fact that I had eaten the cookies. I ATE THEM, ENJOYED THEM, and KEPT GOING! I did not fall into the 'I can't get back on the wagon' trap! That is so AWESOME! My Mom, my sister Cinda, Nick, and the girls that work at Maverick, all know how significant this is for me!
The fact that I am starting to function like this gives me hope for the future...will it always be hard, yes, I know, but it will eventually become second nature to me.
Quote of the day:
In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins, not through strength but by perseverance.
H. Jackson Brown
I know that to be successful at my quest to lose 14 pounds over the next 7 weeks, I will need to continue to have persistence! That does not mean I have to be perfect, but I have to keep going and keep my goal top of mind at all times.
1 comment:
that is AWESOME. i'm so proud of you. having control over thanksgiving is something that i have never accomplished. i'm so impressed. and the cookie story...good work!!! i like your quote too. where do you find all these quotes? i'm so impressed that you're truly making this your way of life. i haven't ever gotten to that point, even when i am really into weight watchers. i still have days off, like you said. something to strive for.
Post a Comment